A library is the heart of an academic institution. Our institution encourages all students and staff members to make the best use of the library that has been carefully built up since the inception of the college. The library is., fully computerized with Reference Section, Magazine Section and Stack Area. Presently there are more than 16,000 books and reference volumes stacked for the benefit of staff and students. Our library follows the open access system and is encouraging students to browse in the stack area.
Newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines of repute are subscribed to enable the students to keep abreast of day-to-day trends. The library comprises of an Audio-Visual section equipped with videocassettes and CDs. We are having Barcoding and Internet connectivity.
Digital Library is an extraordinary feature of the library. latest configuration systems with multimedia and internet facility are provided in digital library to access the first hand information. Students and staff can avail the facility of video lectures from eminent professors of IIT’s and Reputed Universities are placed in soft copies to empower students way of conceptual thinking.
Rules & Regulations
- The Library will be functioning on all working days.
- Books will be issued only to those students who have membership in the Library.
- Students without ID card will not be allowed to enter the library.
- Students are not permitted to enter the library with bags and text books.
- Students have to enter the accession number, title and the name of the author in the register before getting the book issued.
- Students can avail a maximum of three books at a time.
- Students must satisfy themselves whether the books are in good condition, before they leave the library. If any damage is noticed, the same must be immediately intimated to the staff. Otherwise they will be held responsible for damages.
- A book will be issued for a maximum period of 30 days. Thereafter a fine of `5 per day will be charged including holidays.
- If the borrowed books have no reservation, two renewals are permitted to students.
- If a book is not returned within 60 days, it will be considered that the book has been lost and a new book along with fine will be collected.
- Marking, underlining, writing or defacing the books in any form, will lead to fine and other punishments.
- A penalty will be imposed on the student for any damages caused by improper handling.
- Students must maintain silence inside the library.
The library also has fully subscribed access to the following external resources:
Monday to Saturday
Working Hours: 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.